Online School Payment (OSP)
The HCPSS Online School Payment (OSP) website is where parents are able to pay for student school activities and fees by debit or credit card online using a secure web browser at their convenience, 24 hours a day. Worthington will be accepting online payments for fieldtrips. Please note that OSMS, Inc. charges a 4% handling fee for online purchases. To ensure that your payment is affiliated with your child, please take a moment in your account to enter your child's information to the "Student Profile" section under your account. Worthington is currently
OSP Website: Worthington Elementary School
A step-by-step guide for puchasing school activities using OSP. Please note that while the school shown in the guide is not a HCPSS school, the process is the same.
Please go to HCPSS.me for these resources. Student can use their HCPSS username and password.
- SIRS Discoverer offers a database of easily retrievable full-text articles, often with accompanying graphics, with full printing and saving capabilities. The full-text articles database consists of articles reprinted with permission, from approximately 1,600 newspapers, magazines and U.S. government documents. Other features include: The World Almanac for Kids,Compton's Encyclopedia, and a Spotlight of the Month.
World Book Online Reference Center is an excellent source of reliable, easy to understand information for students. World Book Online offers all the features of the print encyclopedia plus links to maps, web sites, and other print articles.
- CultureGrams offers concise, reliable, and up-to-date country reports on 190 cultures of the world. It goes beyond mere facts and figures to deliver an insider's perspective on daily life and culture, including the history, customs, and lifestyles of the world's people.
- Use your Howard County Library card and pin number (request a pin number from the library) to access many online reference sources. To locate the online resources, click on “Databases.”
- Generate, edit, and publish an MLA Works Cited list or APA References list that complies with the rules of the current MLA Handbook and APA Publication Manual. NoodleBib takes care of punctuation, alphabetization and formatting, producing a polished source list for import into Word.
- TeachingBooks.net is a timesaving portal to thousands of online resources of book-related resources you can use to explore children's and young adult books and their authors. It provides immediate access to useful materials and exciting programs (short movies, audiobook readings, book discussion guides, and more) that add a multimedia dimension to reading in the classroom, library media center, and home.
Summer Reading Resources - Howard County Library Summer Reading Lists by Grade
- Children's Learning Styles - http://www.fortnet.org/ParentToParent/PFellers/par_lern.html
- Getting Back In The School Groove - http://www.fortnet.org/ParentToParent/PFellers/par_blue.html
- Parent Teacher Conferences - http://www.fortnet.org/ParentToParent/PFellers/par_teac.html
- Surviving Report Cards - http://www.fortnet.org/ParentToParent/PFellers/par_rpt.html
- Howard County Public Library - www.hclibrary.org
- PTA Council of Howard County - www.ptachc.org
- Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) - www.marylandpublicshools.org
What Students are Learning in Each Grade
|College and Career Advantage.pdf|
Laying the Foundation for Grades 1-2
Laying the Foundation for Grades 3-5
Student Information Form
Please complete, print (Double-sided), sign and return these forms when you drop off supplies during "Sneak-a-Peek" or send with your student the first day. Thank you!!
Worthington Student Information Form - Student Information Form - Worthington.pdf