HCPSS To Continue Free Meal Service During School Closures
April 20th, 2020
The Howard County Public School System will continue to provide free Grab-N-Go meals to anyone age 18 and under and/or any HCPSS student, regardless of age, throughout state-mandated school closures, extended through May 15.
Participants will be given a Grab-N-Go snack, lunch and dinner for that day, as well as a Grab-N-Go breakfast for the following day. Friday distributions at school-based locations only also will include meals to sustain children through the weekend. Participants are encouraged to bring a bag to carry home meals each day.
Children do not need to be present; parents/guardian may pick up meals for their child(ren). There is no application, enrollment, or fees to participate in this program.
HCPSS Free Meal Service
- Ongoing, weekdays through Friday, May 15
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- School-Based Locations:
- Bushy Park Elementary School, 14601 Carrs Mill Road, Glenwood
- Cradlerock Elementary School/Lake Elkhorn Middle School, 6680 Cradlerock Way, Columbia
- Deep Run Elementary School, 6925 Old Waterloo Road, Elkridge
- Ducketts Lane Elementary School, 6501 Ducketts Lane, Elkridge
- Hollifield Station Elementary School, 8701 Stonehouse Drive, Ellicott City
- Howard High School, 8700 Old Annapolis Road, Ellicott City
- Laurel Woods Elementary School, 9250 North Laurel Road, Laurel
- Oakland Mills Middle School, 9540 Kilimanjaro Road, Columbia
- Swansfield Elementary School, 5610 Cedar Lane, Columbia
- Talbott Springs Elementary School, 9550 Basket Ring Road, Columbia
- Wilde Lake Middle School, 10481 Cross Fox Lane, Columbia
- Community Locations: (Weekend meals not provided at community locations)
- Forest Ridge Apartments, 5890 Stevens Forest Rd, Columbia
- Monarch Mills Apartments, 7600 Monarch Mills Way, Columbia
- Bethel Christian Academy, Campus 1, 8455 Savage Guilford Rd., Savage
A list of additional food distribution locations, not sponsored by HCPSS, is available online. Additionally, the Community Action Council of Howard County sponsors a Food Bank and supports 14 food pantries that support families in need of emergency food assistance. More information about food assistance and a list of the food pantries remaining open during the COVID-19 crisis is available on the Community Action Council’s website.
Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 8:45pm